Saturday 25 August 2012

Warhammer 40K: Dark Vengeance Advance Orders are up

Image from the Warhammer 40K: Dark Vengeance Starter Set

The new 6th Edition Starter set for Warhammer 40K has just been released. However I am slightly disappointed with it. I don't mind the idea of Dark Angels vs Chaos Space Marines (Chaos should win of course), however the set is completely unbalanced. Look, we've got on the Dark Angels side; 10 Tactical Marines with a Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon and the Sergeant has a Plasma Pistol, 5 Terminators with an Assault Cannon, 3 Ravenwing Bikes (or whatever the hell their names are) with a Plasma Gun/Plasma Pistol and 3 HQs!!! All Chaos have is a Dreadnought look-a-like, 6 Possessed and 10 Guardsman (actually Chaos Cultists, but they still have paper-thin armour).

The set is seriously unbalanced to the point of rediculous!! Tho, you could say it was quite fair. Fair as in looks wise. The Chaos sculpts look FANTASTIC!! Utter brilliance, yet the Dark Angels look like complete and utter CRAP!! So we've got an unbalanced set with the weaker/unfair (Chaos Side) with fantastic models, and the overkill, Plasma Spam (Dark Angels) with terrible models (with the exception of the Librarian who looks pretty sweet).

I'm quite disapointed with the Starter Set, but I will say, it's only worth buying for the Chaos side. The Dreadnought look-a-like (rather the Hellbrute) is a fantastic looking model! I don't like the idea that it is armed with a Multi-Melta, but you could convert that into another weapon of some kind (rumour has it that it can be armed with a Butcher Cannon).

Image from the Warhammer 40K: Dark Vengeance Starter Set
 
The Chaos Chosen also look brilliant! I'm particularly liking the Chosen Champion who has a Bolter strapped to his backpack with his mutations reloading it for him. Also his Power Maul looks sweet!! He could even be a count as Dark Apostle!!
Image from the Warhammer 40K: Dark Vengeance Starter Set
Image from the Warhammer 40K: Dark Vengeance Starter Set
Even the Chaos Lord looks sweet as!! I particularly love his helmet and sword. Here's hoping that sword is not a Power Sword but a Daemonic Weapon.
Image from the Warhammer 40K: Dark Vengeance Starter Set
With all these new (awesome) Chaos models, here's hoping their Codex will be next (and not shitty Dark Angels). I mean, I don't particular wish to Collect a dedicated Chaos Army again (not yet anyhow). But I would use the Chaos Codex for my Heresy-Era Sons of Horus. I wonder if the Sons of Horus could use Daemonic Weapons. I know that they had Possessed Legionnaires (i.e. Possessed Chaos Space Marines), and they also has Daemon Engines like the Defiler. But then again, I could just wait for Forge World's Horus Heresy Books...

P.S. You can tell I'm biased, I have a dislike for Dark Angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment