Saturday 23 August 2014

MechWarrior: Online - Raven RVN-3L Build


So after going on a MWO hiatus; I've deiced to play it once again. Mostly chose to take a break due to PGI's stupid decision to make CERLL be able to only fire one Large Laser at a time. They rolled this back, most likely due to the amount of emails asking for refunds. Wouldn't surprise me; I was so close to being one of those angry peeps!!

Regardless; today isn't about Clan Mechs at all! It's actually about one of the best Light Mechs in the game; quite possibly the best in my eyes.

The Jenner use to reign supreme out of all the Light Mechs - 6 Medium Lasers and Jump Jets anyone? But then Jump Jets got nerfed...

Now the Raven is on top; and truth be told; the Raven is probably hands down the coolest looking Light Mech in the game! Why? Chicken legs!! Reverse leg Mechs are always simply the coolest things around; it's why people (me) love the Clan Mechs so much!

Oh any here's another thing; you'll notice I don't do many posts on Light Mechs. That's mostly due to the fact that I've never been a good Light Mech Pilot. Now I'm actually pretty good. My mate did say; when you take a break from a game; sometimes, magically, you'll be good at something you weren't before.

RVN-3L "Standard Raven" (XL295, 2x ERLL & ECM)

Smurfy MechLab: [Link]  
Role: Support/Harasser
Speed: 136.5 kph
Firepower: 18
Armour: 232
Cost: 13.3 mil (Approximately)
 
Weapon Groups
Primary Weapon Group: Both ER-Large Lasers
Secondary Weapon Group: 1 ER-Large Laser (Arm)
Tertiary Weapon Group: 1 ER-Large Laser (Torso)

Truth be told; I'm just using a slight modification of the standard Raven build. Rather than 2 ER Large Lasers on the arms; one on the arm and one on the torso. Mostly cos a friendly decided to shoot me for no apparent reason and ripped off my arm with all the lasers at the start of the match. I was weaponless the entire game (and we lost mind you too)...

--------------------------------------------------

RVN-3L "Alternate Raven" (XL295, 1x ERLL, 1x ML, 1x NARC & ECM)
[No Image]

Smurfy MechLab: [Link]  
Role: Support/Harasser
Speed: 136.5 kph
Firepower: 18
Armour: 215
Cost: 13.3 mil (Approximately)


Weapon Groups
Primary Weapon Group: ER-Large Laser
Secondary Weapon Group: Medium Laser
Tertiary Weapon Group: NARC

An alternate build for those who wish to be very supportive. Works wonders for XP grinding since NARC provides a pretty good XP (assuming you have LRM buddies).

No comments:

Post a Comment