Friday 12 April 2013

MechWarrior: Online - Catapult CPLT-K2 Build

UPDATE 1: Due to the latest patch (June 18th, 2013), Large Pulse Lasers have been nerfed.The CPLT-Jager V.1 Has been rendered useless.

Image courtesy of the MechWarrior: Online Wiki

I have a profane love for Catapults. I guess it's maybe because they're the closest thing there is to my beloved Marauder (Cataphracts just don't look right). The Catapult just looks awesome to me!! Reversed legs have always looked fantastic on "bestial" Mechs.

But all that's unimportant. What's important is how effective they are; and I have 3 very effective Catapult builds for 3 different Catapults. These 3 Catapults are "The Catapult Brothers" and are named "Jager", "Panzer" and Schneider". Each "Catapult Brother" has 1 and only 1 upgrade.
I don't buy MC, not because I don't want to support the game, but because I actually have no credit card... and I'm kinda poor. So that means I have to make do with what I got and slowly grind C-Bills. Which means I have to make do with cheap (C-Bills wise) Mechs. With that in mind, it's time I reveal some useful (yet cheap) builds.
We all know the strengths and weaknesses of the renowned Catapult CPLT-K2! We've seen and feared the Gaussapult and the KC/20. We've even seen some crazy builds like 4 PPCs and 4 Large Lasers (which are surprisingly effective). For me personally however, I prefer the more standard load-outs; Primary Weapons and Secondary Weapons.

Oh and the only major expensive thing (besides guns), are the Double Heat Sinks!!

CPLT-Jager V.1 < MechLab Link

This is the CPLT-Jager V.1. It is a "Hunter" BattleMech (hence the name Jager). It's role is to literally hunt. That doesn't mean to Lone Wolf it!!

Large Pulse Lasers may seem pretty lame in comparison to other weapons, yet it has proven itself time and time again. I am more accurate with Pulse weapons than I am with standard Lasers. I feel as if I get better pinpoint accuracy, hence damage with these weapons.

There is no need to Chain Fire these weapons, unless you are beginning to overheat. However you have very good heat dissipation, so heat shouldn't be an issue. If it is, slow trigger finger and start Chain Firing. You can even stop firing the Large Pulse Lasers and just use those Medium Pulse Lasers. The Medium Pulse Lasers are primarily there for self defense.

CPLT-Jager V.2 < MechLab Link

This version, is the CPLT-Jager V.2. It's basically the exact same copy as the V.1, but with twin ER PPCs instead.

This build does run hot when all 4 weapons are fired. However that's a dumb idea. You should be sniping with those ER PPCs; and when enemies close in on you, you should do 2 things. The first is to check your heat. If you're running hot, Chain Fire your Medium Pulse Lasers. Otherwise you can use those ER PPCs in close combat. Then switch it up a little, firing either weapon when the time is right.

Do NOT panic. When you do, you start firing all your weapons, which will lead you into overheating and shutting down.

1 comment:

  1. weak mech, try 2 ac 10 + 4 mdlas or 2 ac 20 + 2 mdlas pr 2 ppc +2 lglas +2 machine gun

    ReplyDelete