Friday 5 April 2013

Tau Awesomeness has Arrived!!

Image courtesy of Games Workshop

It's my first post of this month, and let's begin by saying WHOO!! Tau has finally arrived! It's about time they get some much needed love. I assume everyone's already read the White Dwarf and are now eagerly awaiting the Tau Codex!!

So let's begin by my thoughts on some of the new releases. Let's start with the biggest thing in the Tau Codex. The XV104 Riptide.

This thing is full of awesomeness!! I really love this weird thing. It's got guns, guns and more guns!! It's shield has guns! And its guns have guns!! Even it's Shield Drones have guns!!

Image courtesy of Games Workshop

People complain about the small head, but I personally don't mind it. I really can't see this thing with a bigger head. To me, it's like Inception. There's the Tau Pilot within a Crisis Battlesuit within the Riptide. This doesn't actually work and is not true whatsoever. But I see it like that.

Image courtesy of Games Workshop

Next is the "Box Suits" or the XV8 Crisis Battlesuits. These things are a hit and miss. I was hoping to see some torso articulation (like the Battlesuit Commander or XV9). Still it's good to see 3 per box. We now (should) get one full Squad.

Image courtesy of Games Workshop

XV88 Broadside Battlesuit saw an improvement. They're now bigger. Much bigger than before and come with a Rail Rifle, "rifle" grip.

Image courtesy of Games Workshop

And if you don't like big guns, how about missiles, missiles and more missiles? This thing can be armed with, I think, 5 missiles. The High Yield Missile System Pods on each arm, plus the Twin-Linked Smart Missile System. Oh and don't forget the Seeker Missile.

Image courtesy of Games Workshop

My personal favourite of the new Battlesuits are Commander Farsight and the XV8 Battlesuit Commander. Both look exactly how the XV8s should look like. Really wish Game Workshop should update those "Box Suits" into something like these 2 badasses.

Image courtesy of Games Workshop

Image courtesy of Games Workshop

I particularly like Farsight's uniqueness. His Battlesuit is heavily modified (which apparently is very not normal for the Tau). If I'm not mistaken, I believe this is the Farsight model that was teased at a Games Day? I'm not too sure.

The XV8 Commander? Well I reckon he needs a converted Shield Generator. And possibly different weapons. The weapons he comes with are pretty shit IMO. Least they were in the 4th Edition Codex. Hopefully they're better now right? They look nice though.

Right yeah, nothing else really excites me. I love Mechs if you haven't noticed, so what usually stands out to me are anything Mech related. The new Pathfinders do intrigue me somewhat, specially after what they did in the Battle Report. Damn they're the perfect support unit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment