Friday 13 September 2013

Update: MechWarrior: Online - Kintaro KTO-18 Build

Update 1 (17/09/2013 19:30): This is no longer a Theory Build. These builds have now been tried and tested by me, and work very surprisingly well. The last build however with 5 LRM 5s is still just a Troll Build...

Image courtesy of mwomercs.com

Well, the Kintaro is a very surprisingly powerful Medium Mech. It still suffers from Center Torso issues, but it isn't as bad as it once was. From what I can gather (by fighting them), their Rear Center Torso is pretty easy to hit; most (if not all) my AC/10 Damage went straight the the Rear Center Torso. But then, the pilot should've noticed me approaching.

Anyway, I'm now very tempted to buy the Kintaro KTO-18. Especially more-so now, that I've seen my team utilise a team of these. They really pull of the Striker role fantastically.
I reject the current Meta and substitute... errr... something else!! Now check out this build!!
KTO-18 (XL300_LPL_ML_SSRM2_AMS_BAP)

Mechromancer MechLab: [Link]
Smurfy MechLab: [Link]

Role: Striker
Speed: 88.36 kph
Firepower: 40
Armour: 352
Cost: 12.8 mil CBills (Approximately)

Weapon Groups
Primary Weapon Group: All SSRM 2s
Secondary Weapon Group: Large Pulse Laser and Medium Lasers

I love Large Pulse Lasers, they're so good at stealing kills!! Well... they are, but they're still not that great. They produce way too much heat for what they do. I still believe that they were much better before the Pulse Laser patch.
Anyway, 5 SSRM 2s are super deadly. We know that from my Stalker Gordos Build. Same thing applies here; I plan to aim for the Legs (Minsc will be unhappy, he'd want me to go for the eyes).


Note: My largest XL Engine is a XL 300. If I had a larger XL Engine, like a XL 350, I'd use that with 2 Medium Lasers instead of the Large Pulse Laser and Medium Laser combo.

--------------------------------------------------

KTO-18 (XL300_ML_SRM4_AMS_BAP)

Mechromancer MechLab: [Link]
Smurfy MechLab: [Link]

Role: Striker
Speed: 88.36 kph
Firepower: 50
Armour: 368
Cost: 12.8 mil CBills (Approximately)

Weapon Groups
Primary Weapon Group: All SRM 4s
Secondary Weapon Group: Both Medium Lasers
Tertiary Weapon Group: All SRM 4s (Chain Fire)

I personally prefer SRM 4s over SRM 6s (when Artemis IV is not a factor). This build is designed to tear through Armour and pull out as fast as it can. Least that's the idea of a Striker. BAP is only there because I play in a team. It helps cancel out more ECM Mechs so they can get a Lock On.

--------------------------------------------------

KTO-18 (XL300_MPL_LRM5_AMS_BAP)

Mechromancer MechLab: [Link]
Smurfy MechLab: [Link]

Role: Striker
Speed: 88.36 kph
Firepower:39
Armour: 368
Cost: 12.7 mil CBills (Approximately)

Weapon Groups
Primary Weapon Group: All LRM 5s (Chain Fire)
Secondary Weapon Group: Both Medium Pulse Lasers
Tertiary Weapon Group: All LRM 5s

One of my Teammates once used a 6 LRM 5 Catapult. It was the most hilarious thing ever! Now I don't want to pilot a Catapult again, so the next best bulk LRM 5 Mech is the KTO-18. So that's what I've chosen to do here.

This is primarily here for trolling fun purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment