Friday 22 November 2013

MechWarrior: Online - Orion Protector Build

Image courtesy of the MechWarrior: Online Wiki

Well, well... Never thought I would ever buy the Orion Protector HeroMech. I never regarded the Orion as a good Mech due to the hitbox issue. But it was on sale! I can't resist sales! Well I can, but it's an Orion... it's the closest thing to an Atlas you'll ever see me in!

The Orion was pretty dreadful due to its hitbox issue prior patch (November 19th, 2013). Post patch however, I've been hearing reports that the Orion is so much better now. I can confirm exactly this! The Orion is like a whole new Mech now. Admitedly, my Center Torso still takes the full brunt of the damage; however if I twist, my Side Torsos take the damage instead.

By the time I die, usually all my Torsos have practically no armour, with their internals shot!

I really enjoy piloting the Orion! I truly do. PGI did really well with this Patch.
"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack."
- Sun Tzu
ON1-P "W4R-D3N" (XL330, 2x AC/2 & 3x LL)

Mechromancer MechLab: N/A
Smurfy MechLab: [Link]

Role: Support
Speed: 71.3 kph
Firepower: 31
Armour: 432
Cost: 7.2 mil and 5625 MC (Approximately)

Weapon Groups
Primary Weapon Group: Both AC/2s
Secondary Weapon Group: 2 Large Lasers (Arms)
Tertiary Weapon Group: All 3 Large Lasers (Chain Fire)


This build is actually based on a build Cattra Kell suggested to me (yes the same Cattra Kell of NGNG). Originally I planned for 2 AC/5s and 3 Large Lasers (rather than the 3 ER Large Lasers); but it just wasn't enough Dakka for me. So 2 AC/2s it was.

Just a quick (long) note; this build does run super hot. Especially if you try to fire all 3 Large Lasers as much as possible. What I normally do, is fire the Arm Lasers every so often, using that 3rd Laser sparingly. When I need to cool off, I'll back off from the fight. With this build, I've always preferred to play as Support, that way I have a chance of cooling down.

If you manage to catch yourself in a brawl, try to use all your lasers sparingly; or at least, utilise them whilst watching your Heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment