Saturday 28 June 2014

Kawaii Tanks (1:72 & 1:76 Scale)


For a while now I've been working on Tank Model Kits. The first of which is still a WIP; a 1:35 Scale KV-2. The second of which is a wide range of 1:72 & 1:76 Scale Tanks which range from anything I can get my hands on. The first 2 I've built are the Panzer IV Ausf. F2 and the Churchill MK VII.

I've been posting my progress on the ACES Forums in a kind of "Forum Blog".

Regardless; I'll repost the Progress Update for the first 2 here.

**A side project of mine; so that when I get bored or tired out from the awesome ? larger (1:35) kits; I can work on these.**

Warning: This topic contains a shit ton of images!

Yeah alright... strangest name for a topic about tanks; but tell you what, it's super appropriate! The 1:72 & 1:76 scale tanks are bloody tiny (28mm I believe); but they are super nice! Or just super adorable!! I love these tiny things. Ironically for something so small; they actually have a fair bit of detail - not as much as a 1:35 Scale of course.

Incidentally, for a small kit, you'd think it'll have little parts, but most of these comes with 3-4 frames, and the pieces are pretty tiny. For the first kit I built, it actually took me around 5-6 hours. Primarily due to my pedantic-ness and making sure there are no mold lines on everything, and making sure each section is glued together seamlessly.

++++++++++

**EDIT (27/06/2014 || 9:25pm AEST)**

  • Airfix 1:76 Panzer IV Ausf. F2 [Completed - 26/06/2014]
  • Airfix 1:76 Churchill MK VII [Completed - 27/06/2014]
++++++++++

These are all the kits that I bought. I'm testing out the quality of each company. I have already built one out of all these, the Panzer IV Ausf. F2. Images can be seen over at my Facebook; however I'll post them here as well with an in-depth description (I'll post this tomorrow tho; cos as of this post it's 1:20am).



++++++++++++++++++++

Progress Update: 1

Like I said; it was too late last night to post the Panzer IV Ausf. F2; but I have 2 tanks to post today! So double posting!!

++++++++++
 

**BEGINNINGS**

Just the parts and the box. You'll notice for such a small kit; there's actually a pretty decent amount of parts. A thousand times better than those 1:100 Scales with only 4 parts!!



++++++++++
 

**TURRET**

Here's where the kawaii-ness comes in!! Just check out the turret!! It's so tiny but OMG it's super kawaii!! I now see why people buy these (and love) these small scale tanks!! They're just sooooo... KAWAII!! <3 <3

Yes, I'm a dude, so what? :P



++++++++++
 

**BODY**

Here's a warning when building the body; or at least the tracks; make sure you put the tracks on before you assemble the body together. It was a damned pain to glue the tracks on last!! Note to self: Don't follow the instructions.



++++++++++
 
**COMPLETED**

Like they say; a picture is worth a thousand words. Just look at how adorable this tiny thing is!! I super can't wait to paint it!!




No comments:

Post a Comment