Sunday 22 June 2014

MechWarrior: Online - Stormcrow (Any OmniVariant) Build


Well the first of the Theory builds is today! Since I only bought the Timber Wolf; I've been trying to convince myself I should pick up the other Clan Mechs, such as the Stormcrow and the Warhawk. So far, with my love for CSRM6s, I reckon the Stormcrow might be a pretty good Mech for myself! It mixes what I love; high speed and huge Firepower!!

And boy; on paper, this Mech seems beastly!!

Check it out right meow!

SCR-PRIME "Rockets Galore" (1x CERML & 5x CSRM6A)

Smurfy MechLab: [Link]  

Role: Striker
Speed: 97.2 kph
Firepower: 67
Armour: 364
Cost: N/A
 
Weapon Groups
Primary Weapon Group: All 5 CSRM6As
Secondary Weapon Group: C-ER Medium Lasers
Tertiary Weapon Group: 2 CSRM6As (Arms) 
Quaternary Weapon Group: All 5 CSRM6As (Chain Fire)

Same idea on my Timber Wolf build applies here. Clan SRMs are simply deadly (and awesome )!! There is a slight lack of mobility here compared to the Timber Wolf (no Jump Jets); but you are faster. So the idea is to utilise that speed to try and flank and punch a whole right through an enemy's rear!

Sounds simple, no? Damn... might have to scrounge around for some money so I can buy this thing!!

2 comments:

  1. Its a cool looking build, but I dunno if I can use it. I've been playing my stormcrows a lot, but I just can't bring myself to equip that head omni pod, not even in the mech lab. That -10% armor quirk it has absolutely terrifies me, it just seems such a massive hit to survivability.

    Is it as bad as I making it out to be, or am I just being a wimp?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The head comes with -10% armour? Jesus christ I did not know that? On a technicality, this is a theory build... lets see, is it -10% in total or 10% from each individual part? If it's each individual part; then the Stormcrow will have armour values akin to that of a 50 Ton mech (52.2 front). Which isn't too bad.

      Otherwise; I reckon perhaps this or this.

      Delete