Friday 12 September 2014

MechWarrior: Online - Timber Wolf, TBR-C Build


So... I finally found a new ballistic and totally super fun build! From the image above, you can probably guess what kind of build it has! I tell you what; no wonder people love the 6x CUAC5 Dire Wolf!! The amount of DAKKA you throw out is absolutely amazing!!

Well, it's half that for the Timber Wolf... BUT at least I get some fantastic speed!!

Check it out right meow!

TBR-C "Clan Chainsaw" (3x CUAC5 & 2x CERML)

Smurfy MechLab: [Link] 
Role: Suppressor
Speed: 81 kph 
Firepower: 29
Armour: 403
Cost: N/A
 

Weapon Groups
Primary Weapon Group: All 3 Clan Ultra AC5s 
Secondary Weapon Group: Both Clan ER-Medium Lasers 
Tertiary Weapon Group: All 3 Clan Ultra AC5s (Chain Fire)

The way I play this Mech is literally just Chain Fire all 3 CUAC5s. My fellow pilots in ACES absolutely love it when I bring this Mech out. Aye, it lacks the 6 UAC5s of the Dire Wolf; but what it does is half the DAKKA for a maneuverable Mech.

Also, about why I Chain Fire. In Chain Fire, when you fire the first CUAC5, it reaches about 2rds of the way (Cooldown), before the second CUAC5 fires, and so on to the 3rd and repeats. Meaning you can still jam whilst Chain Firing. However that chance is significantly reduced compared to when you double tap all the time.

The other reason why I Chain Fire, is the shake. Due to the way Clan Ballistics fire in bursts, I get 3 shots in just one click. Chain Fire gives me 9, and it never ends either. Which means I can make an enemy shake real bad (just like in the good ol' triple AC2 days).

Unfortunately, the Chain Fire way is only useful in a shake point of view. You really cannot get the pinpoint damage to core a Mech. Though at least you can shred them with a million bullet holes!

No comments:

Post a Comment